Thursday, September 13, 2012

HOW SWEET IT IS TO BE LOVED BY (YOU)





It has been such a long time since my last post, therefore, this one is a little personal (as if all of them aren't relative) So much has occurred in my life this year, that I haven't much time to do what I love....and that is to write! 

Today, I want to touch on such a sensitive and important subject; loving yourself! I know you have heard the saying "You can't learn to love until you learn to love yourself" ...

Loving yourself (I think) is to accept EVERYTHING about yourself...the good, the bad, and the "ugly". Once you've accepted theses things, your expectations for yourself will change. For example: Accepting your natural hair as it is (short, long, kinky, thick, thin, and/or curly) your expectations for your hair no longer causes disappointment. You now EXPECT your hair to be as it is. 

Just because you're a neat freak doesn't necessarily mean you have OCD, or just because you love being alone that you are anti-social! View the things that make you feel good as something positive, no matter how other people view it! 

Lately, I have been questioning a lot of things about myself. And after much meditation, I asked myself "WHY"....Why am I questioning who I am? Who's expectations am I trying to fulfill? I realized that I should be completely happy with how I am "right now"! And I say "right now" because I have changed over time because of what I have experienced! Which is something that I love about myself; I have the ability to transform! 

Now know that there is nothing wrong with wanting to change, just make sure that this change will be beneficial to YOU first, and then others. And that this change isn't because your are insecure about something. 

If you are questioning yourself, just ask yourself this:

Why do I want or need to change?
How will this change benefit me? and/or others?
Am I trying to fit in? Or make someone else happy?
Will this make me happy?

Never second guess yourself, be proud of the weird, odd, and crazy things that you do or feel! I call it being "One with yourself"! Honestly how can you learn to love someone else and their ways, their style, and their flaws without loving your own??? So embrace that kinky hair, embrace that imperfect shape, or that sweet tooth (me lol) and live your life for you!!! Keep things positive and surround yourself with positive people!

SELF-HATE & DEPRESSION IS NOT ALLOWED!!!! 


Be happy! Much LOVE && PEACE!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment